Tile and grout look absolutely stunning when they first go in but over time can develop dark stains as receptors for mold spores, mildew, and grime. If you Google ‘best way to clean tile and grout’ you are hit with thousands of web pages and videos offering unique and home made solutions. While these solutions may work for some situations, on the whole the best approach is to always hire a professional who knows the material and the best equipment to safely remove the stains so your tile and grout shines like new.
Today we’ll look at the best time to hire a professional for your tile and grout cleaning project and the tools they employ to get the job done right.
What All Happens During a Tile and Grout Cleaning
When you clean thousands upon thousands of square feet of tile and grout, you get pretty familiar with all the little steps needed in the process. Tile and grout cleaning are actually two different processes that each require careful attention to detail so you don’t do more harm than good. This is really the chief reason tile and grout cleaning services should generally be performed by a professional.
Knowing the type of grout, the characteristics of the tile material, and the North Florida environmental factors, our team of experienced, professional cleaners employs the right combination of tools and cleaners to make the site look brand new. Several important steps include:
- Tiles and grout will be preconditioned with the appropriate cleaning solution. Knowing when to employ a low pH or high pH application is critical to a deep clean that doesn’t harm the material.
- For really dirty jobs, it’s necessary to scrub tiles with a floor cleaning machine as part of this preconditioning process. After, tiles are allowed to soak up the cleaner and let the magic of breaking down stains start to occur.
- We then blast the tile with super hot water through a 200,000 BTU burner unit. With temps over 220 degrees our cleaners are able to consistently power super hot germ and mold killing water onto the tile’s surface. We then use a hot water suction combo to remove the water, cleaning chemicals, and all the accumulated soil.
- Once clean, we use short handled extraction devices to remove any remaining water from hard-to-reach areas. Fans help quickly dry the tile so that an application of grout sealer can help keep the tile and grout cleaner, longer.
Going through the above steps might take a little longer but it’s the right way to do the job so that the tile and grout gets a deep cleaning and is also sealed tight.
How Often to Have a Professional Tile and Grout Cleaning
Professional tile and grout cleaning is recommended at least once per year. By taking this proactive step annually, you’ll help preserve and prolong the beautiful look of your tile and grout. Especially when tile is a rich natural stone, protecting your investment starts with good maintenance. Like a doctor just for tile and grout, our cleaning specialists will diagnose exactly what your tile floors, shower, or backsplash needs to simultaneously be really clean and really strong.
How to Keep Tile and Grout Clean After a Professional Service
There are a few steps homeowners should take to help prolong the effects of a professional tile and grout cleaning. Getting into a routine cleaning will help you keep your tile and grout looking great between professional cleanings.
A few simple steps you can take to keep tile and grout clean day-to-day include:
- Sweep up debris asap: the best way to clean tile floors starts with sweeping. Remember to sweep tile and grout floors with a broom that is not abrasive. Most new brooms offer synthetic brushes but older natural materials like straw can actually scratch tile. It is important to rid the surface of debris as these can turn into sandpaper, grinding at the surface of tile and grout when you go to mop.
- Mop floors weekly: at least once a week, mop your floors with a mild soap and warm water combo. This will help keep dirt, grime, and other debris from accumulating. After mopping, remember to always dry. Wet floors will attract more debris.
- Clean spills immediately: leaving a little wine or juice on tile and grout could leave a stain that needs professional work. Always try to pick up any spills quickly with a soft damp cloth. Mild cleaner or disinfectant can be used, if needed. We recommend tile cleaner and sealer from MB Stone Care.
Doing some DIY tile and grout cleaning will help keep your floors and walls looking beautiful but also protects the grout sealant and stone finishes.
Cleaning Tile and Grout Requires More than Just Cleaning
When our expert stone craftsmen are cleaning tile and grout, their careful eyes are also assessing the state of the site in order to combine the best suite of services for the task at hand. During a tile cleaning process, it is common for our versatile crews to also be removing construction residue and grout haze, removing improperly applied grout sealers, repairing and replacing damaged or missing grout, using a diamond tool to hone and restore natural stone, using epoxy and mortar to fill cracks and holes, or getting a shower enclosure free of mineral deposits. Being skilled in professional tile cleaning and professional grout cleaning means our pros can solve many issues at once.
Why Professional Tile & Grout Cleaning is So Important
In a world where protecting your family’s health is in the spotlight, trust our experienced tile cleaning company to leave your tile and grout sparkly-clean and looking brand new. Surfaces will look great and you will have peace of mind knowing cracks and imperfections are clean and sealed from future wear and tear. Contact our team to schedule a tile and grout cleaning now.
Latest posts by Harry Edenfield (see all)
- When to Hire a Professional Tile and Grout Cleaning Service - March 31, 2020