Why is it necessary
Marble polishing becomes necessary for several reasons:
- the surface of the stone has become worn and does not have the appearance of the tiles when they were delivered and installed
- the stone is installed in an uneven fashion, that is not acceptable.
- the customer decides the present honed (matte) finish should be converted to a polish finish
- marble polishing is also necessary as part of a planned maintenance program
Our Marble Polishing Customers Are Looking For Answers
Marble Polishing customers want information more than anything else in the early going to evaluate exactly the best course of action. The reason they need this information is the stone business is so much different than buying a roof or an air conditioning system. The stone floor contractor has many tools t his disposal to refinish the stone, but in our field some companies are definitely better than others. We recommend using references. Our costumers are glad to speak up for us. Fabric and Tile Masters has so many satisfied customers we can provide a reference within a mile of your house.
Why Fabric and Tile Masters?
Our marble polishing system is second to none. Here are the reasons:
- We use Klindex diamond tooling to refinish the stone. Klindex equipment is without peer.
- We use the best diamond, powders, pads, polishes, compounds available with no regard for cost.
- We take the diamond honing process to a higher grit level. Some competitors we see have a far lower stopping point than we do. In other words for the same money we take a surface from to a 1500 grit (the reflection of the lady above was taken to 4500) where they might only go to a 400 grit.
- We care about your happiness and are confident we will please you. We require no contracts or deposits. Over the years this policy has served us very well.
- We have a firm pricing policy. Since we are referred so often we never gouge a customer.
How marble polishing works:
In the videos below we are processing marble polishing jobs. The way I will show you how it is done is to show you as though I were training you to polish marble. The first videos are of some marble countertop work. Most tradesmen come into marble polishing from the tile instillation field. They know floors but counters are another thing. If I were teaching you to refinish stone the best way to learn to polish would be to work with your hands like a sculpturer starting with a grit low enough to remove damage, and proceeding through a grit progression to higher and higher levels. Here are a couple of videos of counters where we do just that:
The following video is of a marble coffee table that turned out just beautifully:
Just like we use the Makita and the Festool in these videos, we use the klindex diamond grinders in the videos below. The first picture in this video is of the 4 horse power Klindex Levitator 650. This was a large commercial job.
Here is a beautiful step by step video of a wonderful Carrara marble polishing. We show in this video how the damage is removed and how we are able to match a factory polish finish.
So if you need an expert opinion on your stone refinishing needs, by all means call us at 904-221-9550.